You get your research assignment from your professor and they require that you cite your sources in APA format. What does this really mean?
Citing your sources...
- Adds to your credibility and supports your ideas
- Helps your reader find the sources you reference to read for themselves
- Ensures the accuracy of scientific and scholarly knowledge
- Protects and acknowledges intellectual property rights
When should you cite?
- Direct Quotations: When you use the author’s exact words
- Paraphrasing: When you summarize someone else’s words or ideas
- Facts: When you mention something that is not common knowledge
- Images: When you use pictures, charts, and graphics that someone else created in a presentation