The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) is a publicly available database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents. Free online access to guidelines is available at http://www.guideline.gov.
The NGC is produced by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) in partnership with the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Association of Health Plans (AAHP) Foundation.
Key components of the NGC include:
- Structured, standardized abstracts (summaries) about each guideline and its development.
- A utility for comparing attributes of two or more guidelines in a side-by-side comparison.
- Syntheses of guidelines covering similar topics, highlighting areas of similarity and difference.
- Links to full-text guidelines, where available, and/or ordering information for print copies..
- NGC Update Service, a weekly electronic mailing of new guidelines and updates to existing guidelines being posted to the NGC Web site.