To find articles in nursing databases explore different nursing databases. Select a database located on the right in this guide under "EBP Step Two". Another option is to start at the Library homepage. Under "Search Articles" select subject, "Health and Human Services" from the menu. Click on "Show Databases."
* To search in a database, scroll down and click on the title of the database. If you want to search across multiple health EBSCO databases, select CINAHL Complete. Click on "Choose Databases" above the CINAHL Plus search box and add other databases, such as Medline and Academic Search Complete.
* Enter your key words or consider using Subject Headings specific to the database.
* Choose items relevant from your search results.
* After finding relevant articles, click on full text links.
* Contact Kathryn.Rose@nau.edu if you would like more help.
How to Search in CINAHL
Utilize different tutorials such as the ones below:
CINAHL Tutorial - EBSCO 2 minute tutorial
Finding the Full Text
Most articles identified in the databases will have an abstract and then if available a link to the full text.
- Look for a PDF or HTML link in the description of the article.
- If you do not see a link to the full text, use the Check for Full Text link, it may be available in another database.
- If it is still unavailable Click on Request It and we will get a digital copy for you. It's free!
You can request any article that we do not have the full text to regardless of where you got the information from through our Request Materials service!
The purpose of this LibGuide is to support you in your NUR 390W course learning outcome to:
- Utilize electronic databases and resources of the Cline Library to efficiently and effectively search, locate and evaluate desired research-based evidence.
Nursing and Healthcare Library Databases
Articles and Research:
- Academic Search Complete - Find articles on many topics and limit by date and peer reviewed journals. | More Info
- CINAHL Complete | More Info
- Clinical Evidence (BMJ) Find clinical evidence. | More Info
- Cochrane Library (Formerly EBM Reviews) Find systematic reviews. | More Info
- JAMAevidence - Content for the evaluative process of helping clinicians identify the best available evidence. | More Info
- Medline (EBSCOhost) - Medline content with EBSCO tools to find medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and more. | More Info
- Medline PubMed - Public Medline website with links to electronical journals NAU subscribes for medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and more. | More Info
- National Guideline Clearinghouse - A public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. | More Info
- OvidMD Plus - Search clinical evidence with results linked to UptoDate, Clinical Guidelines, Ovid MEDLINE and other sources. | More Info
- UpToDate - Evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource for point-of-care decisions. | More Info
The icon indicates that these resources are only available to NAU students, faculty, and affiliates.
How Do I...
Discover the answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
Academic Programs & Course Support
Contact Kathee Rose, Librarian, for the College of Health and Human Services
How to Find an Article If You Have the Citation
Search for a specific article with known citation details.