Finding the Full Text
Most articles identified in the databases will have an abstract and then if available a link to the full text.
- Look for a PDF or HTML link in the description of the article.
- If you do not see a link to the full text, use the Check for Full Text link, it may be available in another database.
- If it is still unavailable Click on Request It and we will get a digital copy for you. It's free!
You can request any article that we do not have the full text to regardless of where you got the information from through our Request Materials service!
How to Search in Nursing Article Databases
To find articles in nursing databases explore different library nursing databases. Utilize the "Help" and "Advanced Search" tools. Utilize different tutorials such as the ones below:
CINAHL Plus Tutorial - EBSCO 2 minute tutorial
The purpose of this LibGuide is to support you in your NUR 390W course learning outcome to:
- Utilize electronic databases and resources of the Cline Library to efficiently and effectively search, locate and evaluate desired research-based evidence.
Nursing and Healthcare Library Databases
Articles and Research:
- Academic Search Complete - Find articles on many topics and limit by date and peer reviewed journals. | More Info
- CINAHL Plus - Find articles from CINAHL and Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition databases. | More Info
- Clinical Evidence (BMJ) Find clinical evidence. | More Info
- Cochrane Library (Formerly EBM Reviews) Find systematic reviews. | More Info
- JAMAevidence - Content for the evaluative process of helping clinicians identify the best available evidence. | More Info
- Medline (EBSCOhost) - Medline content with EBSCO tools to find medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and more. | More Info
- Medline PubMed - Public Medline website with links to electronical journals NAU subscribes for medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and more.. | More Info
- Mosby's Nursing Consult - Find articles, books on nursing clinical questions. | More Info
- National Guideline Clearinghouse - A public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. | More Info
- OvidMD Plus - Search clinical evidence with results linked to UptoDate, Clinical Guidelines, Ovid MEDLINE and other sources. | More Info
- UpToDate - Evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource for point-of-care decisions. | More Info
- Health: Evidence-Based Practice NAU Cline Library databases
- Nursing NAU Cline Library databases
- All NAU Cline Library databases
The icon indicates that these resources are only available to NAU students, faculty, and affiliates. Connecting help.
How Do I...
Discover the answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
Ask A Librarian
Send a message. A library staff member will reply within 24 hours (excluding holidays and other closures).
Text us by sending a message to 928-297-0411. There is a small delay with texting. Text charges may apply.
When the Library is Open. Check hours.
928-523-2173 or 800-247-3380.
Academic Programs & Course Support
Contact your college librarian about a research question or request a research consultation.
Kathee Rose, Librarian
NAU Cline Library, Box 6022, Flagstaff, AZ 86011
Locating an Online Journal
Online journals by Title.
If you know what journal an article is in or want to search within a specific journal.